Aadhaar Card has become one of the most important pieces of document for identification in India, courtesy of the government. There is no longer any doubt that every Indian must possess an Aadhaar card and that it is imperative for your identification and status as an Indian. It has gone to such an extent that its importance is no less than that of your passport or birth certificate.
So Aadhaar is important and everybody needs to have it. But many are still awaiting their Aadhaar after registering and giving their details and such. So if you want to know its status there are several ways to do so.
How to Check Aadhaar status
You can go to the UIDAI website and follow some simple steps to know the status of your Aadhaar.
Step 1: Visit www.uidai.gov.in
Step 2: Click on Check Aadhar Status which will rout you to resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
Step 3: Enter the enrolment ID number
Step 4: Enter Date/Time in dd/mm/yyyy and hh:mm:ss format
Step 5: Enter the security code
Step 6: In case you are unable to view or click you can click on ‘try another’.
Step 7: Click on Check Status
Check Status By Name
Other than this, you can use your name as well. You can narrow down the Aadhar card search by name and father name to make it easier for you to do it.
Visit the official website of UIDAI or click on link www.uidai.gov.in/edetails.aspxSelect Retrieve Lost UID/EID or click on resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eidYou can type your name, email address, mobile number, and security code and click on send OTP.OTP will be sent on your mobile phone, you can verify the same and enter the OTP in the box provided on the right-hand side.After this you can check your status.
Check Status by Enrollment Number
If you don’t have your acknowledgement letter, however, wheter it is because you simply lost it or because it is not in your possession, you can use the enrolment number to check the status of your Aadhaar. You can do it by these steps.
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in/edetails.aspx and click on Retrieve Lost UID/EID.
- It will take you page resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid where you can retrieve your details.
- Enter your name, email address or mobile number, and security code and click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the box provided and click on Verify OTP
- Once the OTP is verified, the Enrolment number/Aadhaar number is sent to the email id and mobile number of the applicant
- Using the enrolment number, the applicant can then check the status of Aadhaar.